With the Nintendo Switch just a few months from release and the presentation with details coming next week; it would seem people anticipating Nintendo’s new console may have just got some new details if the following rumor is to be believed.
The insider known as Geno; who revealed details on the Nintendo Switch almost a year before it was released (when it was still under the codename NX) has dropped a load of new information on Reddit which if true contains some very interesting information regarding the Nintendo Switch, it’s launch line-up and some other games which as of this time have not currently been revealed. There is a lot of information so I’ll just dive straight into it but please remember that until anything official is confirmed by Nintendo or their third party support, all of this has to be taken with a grain of salt.
So he starts off his Reddit post by stating:
“Hello, I’ve been meaning to write this for awhile. I had two things that have been keeping me busy. One is that I’ve been transitioning between two marketing jobs and thus a lot of things I was originally going to post were already announced by Nintendo or leaked by my other friends (I’m still sad Laura got axed. We share similar sources, seriously, do French people know what an NDA is?) so some of this stuff may sound on repeat. I have a ton of info, not all I will post here but I will condense it down (unlike my huge lists on the r/NX which were deleted by mods. I’m still salty about that since it had a lot of good info about Super Nintendo World and Switch that was posted by news sites later.)
I posted on here because I was sad how Dual Pixels handled my previous information. If you have any questions or clarification about any of this let me know and I will attempt to verify as much as I can while keeping me and my contacts safe.”
He then starts to break down the details as follows:
Nintendo’s New Philosophy:
- Nintendo sees the Switch and their new dealings in iOS, Amiibo and promotions as their rebirth for the entire company after the missteps of Wii U and 3DS.
- The Nintendo “Triforce” of heads Kimishima, Miyamoto and Takeda were put in place by Iwata before is passing as part of the company restructure so instead of one President there would be an expert in each major division of Nintendo so Iwata could focus on overall management and other ventures such as mobile, brands and QoL initiatives.
- Nintendo has two philosophies for the Nintendo Switch. One is called “No Excuses”. They felt that part of the failing of the Wii U and 3DS was they allowed to many gaps in criticism of their products for consumers to avoid them. For example, too many gaps between game releases caused Wii U to fall off the cliff and 3DS’s 3D feature being a optional feature means it was underused. The goal of the Switch is to make sure it is a well designed both structure and aesthetics for consumers and developers with constant content of surefire hits and wide game types to avoid this mistake.
- The second philosophy is to go after the “New Casual”. To paraphrase was Iwata conceptualized, the Wii was the “Old Era of Casuals”. In that era, few people were playing games due to the complexity and thus the Wii was designed hardware and software to bring people in. The “New Casual” are players who love both simple games like Tetris and deep games like Call of Duty and Final Fantasy. Their issue is the lack of convenience, most of them are adult millennials and between work, kids and school they have no time to play. Console games take forever to load and install and you have to be at home to fully enjoy them, which is bad if you have to go somewhere. This is why he felt people were going to 3DS, Vita and mobile, but the issue there is that the games are “gotcha” styled casino experiences that don’t engage someone like a home title would. The “New Casual” desire is not to be bound by anything, (s)he wants the controls both simple and complex, to play at home and on the go, to have cake and eat it too with ZERO hassles. No switching devices, software, installations or connections. Turn on. Play. Whenever. Wherever. This is how the Switch was born.
- The Tokyo show will be huge. Developers first party and third will talk about their games, show off feature in a live demo and some will have a exit trailer for future Switch games.
- You will find out a lot about NintendOS, which looks like a modern phone interface but with Nintendo visual language (ie. Rounded Square icons, Animal Helpers, ect.)
- Speaking of NintendOS, a wide number of utility and entertainment apps will be supported. Currently known deals are Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Amazon Kindle, Sling TV, HBO Now, Crunchyroll, LINE, Google Maps, Comixology, Miitomo, Spotify, BBCiPlayer (UK), LoveFilm (UK), N-Sports and GrubHub. Nintendo will also announce partnerships with YouTube, Twitch and NicoNico to allow apps that will allow users to watch dedicated content as well as upload video of supported games to those services.
- The names of all the accessories are JoyCon L and JoyCon R, JoyCon Shell, JoyCon Pro, JoyCon Shoot (similar to the unused Wii U Zapper Concept), JoyCon Wheel (an advance version of the Wii Wheel Concept), JoyCon Arcade (an Arcade fight stick where the Switch Core can also plug into it Independence of the TV) and the JoyView (cheap VR helmet similar in function and low price to the Google Daydream).
- Get ready for not only a ton of Virtual Console games from Nintendo Systems but for Gamecube Virtual Console Games. The first three at launch will be:
- Luigi’s Mansion
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Super Smash Bros Melee.
Future games being looked into by NERD are:
- FZero GX
- Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO
- 1080° Avalanche
- Baten Kaitos Origins
- Doshin the Giant
- Battalion Wars
- Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem
- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
- Animal Crossing
- Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
- Viewtiful Joe
- Kirby’s Air Ride
- Wario’s World
- Super Monkey Ball
- Skies of Arcadia Legends
- Pyo Pop Fever
- Super Mario Strikers
- Pikmin 2
- Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
- Star Fox: Assault
- Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
- Wave Race: Blue Storm
- Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
- Nintendo is going to announce a HUGE eSports initiative called Nintendo Arena with ESL. This is Nintendo’s own eSports league where after the Switch launch worldwide people can compete in select multiplayer and speed running games to then compete in a National in their own country and then a WORLD event every January. Nintendo Arena/ESL will also assist in other tournaments such as EVO and Pokemon World Championships.
- Nintendo is also resurrecting the N-Sports brand to highlight sports games both first and third party, all bound together by one utility app with ESPN.
- There will be a HUGE Super Bowl trailer done by the same people who made the Pokemon 20th Anniversary advert last year. Was told it is really catchy and will be the big first marketing hurrah in the US.
- They will also be targeting commercials with the 59th Annual Grammy Awards, 89th Academy Awards, the second half of The Walking Dead Season 6, the entire run of LEGION on FX, Disney 😄 programming, Teen Wolf on MTV, Lip Sync Battle on Spike, Empire on FOX, Big Little Lies/Crashing/Sesame Street on HBO, RuPaul’s Drag Race on Logo, Crunchyroll programming and the entire NBA March Madness games on various channels. They will also try to demo the device on Good Morning America and Late Night with Steven Colbert.
- They also will announce during or around this time that Nintendo is going to be a full partner for the South Korean Winter Olympics in 2018 and the Tokyo Olympics in 2020, loaning their mascots and other aspects of Nintendo in exchange for marketing opportunities.
- All the Mario McDonalds Toys in Japan will come to the USA in March for the Nintendo Switch launch in NA. They will also have a sweepstakes at McDonalds where you can win a Nintendo Switch and select games.
- Nintendo also plans on doing a giant tour of collages and sports stadiums leading up to and during Spring Break in the USA.
- Various YouTube celebrities both from the video game world and other fields will have Nintendo Switch mailed to them a week before launch to talk about it on their channels and social media.
- Nintendo will be deploying kiosks at GameStop, Best Buy, Toy’s R Us, Target and Walmart the last week of February into the first week of March. The Dock is rooted into the kiosk and the Core and Joycons are going to be tethered, allowing one to either play on the TV or on the handheld. When taken out of it’s Dock a video and screenshot montage of the game you are playing will air on the TV.
- There will be a special service Nintendo will launch in March for an undisclosed amount of time for Southwest Airlines. A specially made kiosk with multiple Nintendo Switch will be loaded in. Passengers can chose what games they like on the TV, then they can take the Nintendo Switch with Joycons with that game on board to play and watch content on, then return it at their destination. The Switches are specially modified to have one game, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Kindle, Twitch and Spotify. They are GPS and NFC tracked and can be rented for a flat fee.
- Nintendo will use Mitomo, Pokemon Go, Super Mario Run and the Apple App Store to vigorously promote their products. Their existing mobile titles and future ones will be cross compatible with the Nintendo Switch games of the same IPs.
- Also, a quick note on that Nickelodeon show. Me and others in marketing have heard about this show idea floating around two years ago. It’s a 3D animated showed staring Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach and Captain Toad. Globally it will be called Super Mario TV World but in the US it will be called The NEW Super Mario Bros Super Show and will have a remixed version of the classic cartoon song.
A Quick List of the Retail Launch Games in March:
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony – NIS America
- Dissidia Versus: Final Fantasy – Square Enix Co. Ltd.
- Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online – Square Enix
- Earth Defense Force 5 – Marvelous Inc.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Remastered – Bethesda
- Fifa Anywhere 18 – EA
- For Honor – Ubisoft
- Just Dance 2017 Platinum Edition – Ubisoft
- Lego Dimensions – Warner Bros. Interactive
- Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins – Warner Bros. Interactive
- Mario RPG: Rabbids Invasion – Nintendo/Ubisoft
- Mass Effect Andromeda – EA
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxi Boost ON – Bandai Namco
- Monster Hunter XX Switch – Capcom
- NBA 2K17 March Madness Edition – 2K Games
- Overwatch – Activision
- Resident Evil VII: Biohazard – Capcom
- South Park: The Fractured But-Whole – Ubisoft
- Splatoon: ReFresh – Nintendo
- STEEP – Ubisoft
- Super Mario Switcharoo – Nintendo
- Sangokushi 14 – Koei Tecmo
- Tales of Berseria – Bandai Namco Games
- Tekken 7 – Bandai Namco Games
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands – Ubisoft
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – Capcom
- Valkyria: Azure Revolution – Sega
- Yooka-Laylee – Team 17
First Party Nintendo Breakdown 2017-2018:
– The Games that will be ported to the Switch from the Wii U are as follows:
- Splatoon ReFresh – 4 vs 4 Wireless Multiplayer, Streetpass, New Gear and Outfits, New Co-Op and VS. Modes, YouTube and Twitch support.
- Mario Kart Complete Circuit – Streetpass, YouTube and Twitch support, New Tracks, Karts and Expanded Battle Mode.
- Pokken Tournament Evolution – Streetpass, YouTube and Twitch support, New Pokemon and Modes.
- Xenoblade Chronicles X Aftermath – Streetpass, Amiibo Support, New Post Game Missions and Graphic/Stability Increase.
- Super Smash Bros. Fusion – Both Wii U and 3DS features, 3DS modes converted to HD, Three New Fighters including Ice Climbers, YouTube and Twitch compatible.
Future Games are being considered for 2018.
- The next 3D Mario game will be available at Launch, Currently called Super Mario Switcharoo. Two Player Co-Op, Will feature a mix of Super Mario 64 Exploring and Super Mario 3D action Gameplay.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will release first on Nintendo Switch in Q2 and will have a special bundle edition which has a special Switch Core designed like a Sheikah Slate, Golden Joycons, A Limited Edition Golden Link Amiibo and Artbook.
- Nintendo plans on partnering with 2K Sports to created a new kid-friendly wrestling game based on the WWE Slam! series using Amiibo of popular wrestlers. Plans to release late 2017, early 2018. System will launch with NBA2k 17 March Madness Edition, an enhanced port of NBA2k with a new “STREET” multiplayer mode and updated rosters. 2k Games also might bring Borderlands 3 to the system depending on how well they see the Nintendo Switch ecosystem do.
- Pikmin Wars is the spiritual fourth game in the series and also kind of a reboot. Features an insane breathtaking engine with an advance lighting and high end textures using Vulkan. Can have hundreds of Pikmin at one time. Will come with mobile game Pikmin Labs where you can create your own unique Pikmin not seen in the game. Huge local and online multiplayer element.
- Pokemon Stars uses an improved Pokemon Sun & Moon engine. Think of the jump as Wind Waker Gamecube to Wind Waker HD on Wii U. 20 new Pokemon and 10 new Aloha forms. Can trade data from other Pokemon games with Pokemon Bank and compatible with Pokemon Go and Pokémon Comaster. Will come bundled with two versions, one with a Cosmic Solgaleo and Galatic Lunala Amiibo. A Special Edition Nintendo Switch with Pokemon Stars themed Core and Dock will come with a special Gold Plated Pikachu Amiibo and a collectors Z-Bracelet.
- Nintendo is partnering with Disney on two major games. In the Summer of 2017, they are having Monster Games released a Cars 3: Route 99 game (time?) exclusive for the Nintendo Switch, and Disney is going to promote the Nintendo Switch platform. The second is a big Holiday 2017 title called Disney’s TsumTsum Adventures. Made by Good-Feel using a greatly improved engine for Yoshi’s Wooly World, it’s an Action Exploration RPG game involving the TsumTsum plush. Special TsumTsum plush with Amiibo functionality will be sold that will enhance the game. The TsumTsum can be stacked and their abilities and attacks determine the order the player stacks them in. Confirmed worlds are Mickey Mouse & Friends, Winnie the Poo, Frozen, Coco, Moana, Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland, Little Mermaid, Nightmare Before Christmas, Toy Story, Spider-Man and Star Wars Rebels.
- Early 2018 will have a new Animal Crossing game, which will be compatible with the mobile title. Mid 2018 is when they plan on revealing the first mainline Kirby title. The January 2018 convention is also when they plan to reveal the newest entry in the Super Smash Bros series with some major gameplay changes and surprising characters. (Snake reaction all over again, British gamers will go insane.)
- Reports are coming in that Vanillaware has been contacted by Nintendo to make a HD 2D game for Nintendo Switch based in the Metroid universe in 2018.
Nintendo Switch Third Party Highlights:
- Overwatch is set to launch with the Nintendo Switch, which might have special costumes and a guest Nintendo character everyone would freak out for.
- Activision are also looking into putting Skylanders on the device.
- If all goes well they plan to have both the sequel to Destiny; Beyond Destiny aswell as a compilation port of the first game.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Mercenaries plans to give us Infinite Warfare mission structure to the Black Ops universe and will be a big feature of being able to play Call of Duty at home or on the go with no compromises.
- Mass Effect Andromeda is set to release during the launch month of the Nintendo Switch. It will come fully featured the same day with the other versions (It’s not insanely graphical amazing but it runs smoothly and you can take it with you.)
- EA Sports will launch a new spin off brand for Nintendo Switch called “EA Sports Anywhere” starting with FIFA Anywhere 18 and continuing in 2017 with Madden Anywhere 18 and UFC Anywhere 3 in early 2018 (since Microsoft has it Timed Exclusive for Holiday 17).
- EA also plans on releasing a new Need for Speed game in the Summer/Fall for Nintendo Switch and other platforms.
- Another game coming to Nintendo Switch and the other platforms is Star Wars Battlefront II: Wrath of the First Order which will release Holiday 2017. Nintendo also wants to work with EA to make two special Nintendo Switch bundles, one themed after the First Order and one themed after the Resistance with the game packed in.
- They are also going to look into resurrecting the MySims franchise for the Nintendo Switch.
- Nintendo has given EA and Criterion Games a dream offer: Having Nintendo and Disney help fund, distribute and quality control a spiritual successor to the Star Wars Rouge Squadron series exclusive for the Nintendo Switch after 2017.
Ubisoft is once again going to be one of Nintendo’s biggest partners.
- At launch they plan on releasing ports of For Honor, STEEP, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Just Dance 2017 Platinum Edition and South Park: The Fractured But Whole.
- A unique Nintendo partnership with Ubisoft is to bring a Mario RPG featuring the Rabbids to the Nintendo Switch.
- The next Assassin’s Creed game and Just Dance 2018 will both come to the Nintendo Switch.
- In 2018, Ubisoft plans on bringing Beyond Good and Evil exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.
Square Enix is providing HUGE support to Nintendo Switch.
- At launch, they are going to bring to retail Dissidia Versus: Final Fantasy, a port of the arcade game to the Nintendo Switch.
- They will also work with Nintendo to release a series of high quality Final Fantasy Amiibo figures throughout 2017 that will work with Dissida Versus and future Square Enix games as part of their Final Fantasy Anniversary Celebration.
- Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete will come out in Japan in the Summer and will be brought over to the USA in 2018.
- Holiday 2017 is the big release as they plan on releasing Kingdom Hearts III to all platforms including the Nintendo Switch which will also have a special bundle.
- Square Enix also plans on bringing Lara Croft GO, Gunslinger Stratos SWITCH, Puzzle & Dragons Battle Tournament, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and Dungeon Of Zaar to the Nintendo eShop on Switch in 2017.
- In 2018, Square Enix plans to release Bravely Trinity, the third game in the Bravely Series and will be the first (provided there is no collection at some point) in HD exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.
- Capcom is going to bring a version of Monster Hunter XX to the Nintendo Switch, upgraded for better models and textures.
- They will also bring a full featured port of Resident Evil VII: Biohazard (compatible with the JoyView) and Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 to the Nintendo Switch launch.
- Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Kakugo will also be released in Japan in 2017.
- In the Summer of 2017, Nintendo will have a timed exclusive to MegaMan: Recharged!, a 2.5D MegaMan game made by Inti Creates and supervised by two surprise directors (not Inafune but still huge) based on the new Disney 😄 show.
- In 2018, Monster Hunter 5 Portable will come out, featuring new multiplayer gameplay, a sky battle element, city curation side game and Unreal Engine 4-like graphics. They may or may not tease this during the Jan event.
- Depending on how Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 does, Marvel VS Capcom: Infinte is on the cards for the Nintendo Switch in 2017.
SEGA will bring three games.
- On the eShop at launch they will bring Sonic Mania, and at retail they will bring Valkyria: Azure Revolution at launch and Hatsune Miku Project Mirai SX (with Miku & Friend Amiibo) in the Summer for Japan. Valkyria will come Q2 in the US and Mirai SX will come in 2018 for the US.
- Boader Break SCRAMBLE SWITCH and Code of Joker will come to NA, EU and Japanese Nintendo Switch eShops in 2017.
- Holiday 2017 will see the long awaited Sonic Ruin (Project Sonic 2017) come to Nintendo Switch and other platforms. Exclusive to this version and other SEGA games will be Sonic the Hedgehog Amiibo. Due to the deal SEGA made with Microsoft for Sonic Ruin to be bundled with XBOX One Prime (Working Name for Scorpio), Nintendo is going to release a “Sonic 30th Anniversary” bundle that Holiday featuring classic Sonic games.
- SEGA is also going to make a spin off of the Yakuza series called Ryu ga Gotoku: Keisatsu, which takes place between Yakuza 5 and 6 and has players being a Tokyo Police Force having to make difficult moral decisions while arresting criminals. This will release in Japan at the end of 2017 and sometime later in 2018 for NA and EU.
- In 2018 they will create with Nintendo, Mario & Sonic at the Pyeongchang 2018 Olympic Winter Games and have plans for a Tokyo 2020 game.
SEGA will also work with Nintendo to bring Dreamcast games for Virtual Console including:
- Sonic Adventure
- House of the Dead 2
- Power Stone
- Grandia II
- Street Fighter Alpha 3
- Crazy Taxi
- Space Channel 5
- Sakura Wars
- Virtua Tennis
Just because they are technically separate companies.
- Atlus in Japan will bring Persona 5 Portable to Nintendo Switch in Q2, which has all the DLC plus some exclusive content including what I’ve heard as guest appearances from the #FE characters as Personas. Atlus are looking into releasing P5P on the same day in the US as the other versions.
- Later on in 2017, a remake of Etrian Odyssey 3 called Etrian Odyssey III Untold: The Gatekeepers of the Deep will come exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.
- Shin Megami Tensei V and a sequel to #FE are also in the works.
- Bandai Namco Games will launch with Tekken 7: Fated Retribution, Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxi Boost ON and Tales of Berseria. All will feature Nintendo costumes and themes.
- Accel World VS Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight will also come to the Nintendo Switch Sometime in 2017 and 2018.
- SoulCalibur VI will have a Nintendo Switch version along side other releases with Amiibo support and it’s guest character exclusive being Link from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
- They are also looking into bringing Project CARS 2 to the Nintendo Switch and Little Nightmares on the Nintendo Switch eShop.
- In 2018, Bandai Namco will have Arc System Works to create Project X-Zone Arena, a cross over 2D VS fighting game based on the Project X-Zone series.
- Koei Tecmo will bring Sangokushi 14 at launch to the Nintendo Switch.
- They will also bring a unique version of Musou Stars called “Musou Stars + Zelda Warriors” which is Musou Stars with all the characters from Hyrule Warriors as an exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.
- They also plan on bringing one of the two next major Team Ninja games, Ninja Gaiden Ryukenden, a reboot of the series to the Nintendo Switch.
- Bethesda will bring The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Remastered will launch in retail on Nintendo Switch and DOOM Arcade, which is the Arcade Mode from the hit 2016 game plus a touch screen, StreetPass compatible SnapMap mode, will come to the Nintendo Switch eShop.
- To blow people’s minds, later in 2017, a version of Fallout 4 will release for the Nintendo Switch that has all the content on one cart (though if you want it in 4K and with VR support you should get the XBOX One Prime version).
- Nintendo’s long term game plan to reach out to Bethesda is a deal in motion with Tango Gameworks to have Bethesda lend them their studio to create and I quote “A first party western IP that Tango’s art and history would excel in” sometime in 2018 or 2019. I don’t know what that is but if I had to guess, a huge fan favorite that everyone has been begging for might come back.
- Talks are going to Rockstar to attempt to bring Red Dead Redemption II to the Nintendo Switch. They really want to see how the system preforms first, they are actually big Nintendo fans (almost porting Grand Theft Auto V to Wii U).
- They have expressed to their publishers and Nintendo that bringing Grand Theft Auto Online and/or resurrecting Midnight Club might be a good fit for them to get familiar with the hardware.
- Starbreeze will bring Overkill’s The Walking Dead to the Nintendo Switch and are talking with Nintendo and Skybound to create a Walking Dead Special Edition system bundle.
- Konami will bring Metal Gear Survive and Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2017 to Nintendo Switch. Nintendo wants to publish the latter with the MLB Licence to NA and EU under the n-Sports label.
Warner Bros. Interactive
- Warner Bros Interactive plan to launch with LEGO Dimensions and LEGO City: The Chase Begins.
- Later in 2017, they plan on bringing Injustice 2 to the Nintendo Switch.
- In 2018, they are looking into porting Batman: Arkham Apocalypse, the next entry in the Batman Arkham series.
- In addition to this they are also planning to release READY PLAYER ONE by WB Games Montréal based on the upcoming movie.
- Level 5 will bring a Nintendo Switch version of The Snack World along with the 3DS version which will be published in North America and Europe by Nintendo.
- Inazuma Eleven: Ares no Tenbin and Lady Layton: The Millionaire Ariadone’s Conspiracy will also come in 2017 for Nintendo Switch.
- In 2018, Yokai-Watch Busters 2, based on the Iron Oni Army Arcade engine with comparable Amiibo will release for the system in Japan.
In addition to this, the following titles are all in talks to be brought to the Nintendo Switch:
- Earth Defense Force 5
- Valentino Rossi 2
- Agents of Mayhem
- Armor Core
And finally a list of all the Semi-Confirmed Nintendo Switch eShop Exclusive “Nindies” games:
- Abzu: Game of the Year edition
- Angry Birds Time Warpp
- Asphalt Extreme
- Azure Striker Gunvolt HD
- The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
- Boader Break SCRAMBLE SWITCH
- Code of Joker
- Cruis’n Blast
- Daigasso! Band Brothers S
- Death’s Gambit
- Dillon’s Rolling Western: The Great Heist
- Disney’s Crossy Road
- DOOM Arcade
- Doctor Who: A Telltale Adventure
- Dungeon of Zaar
- Earthbound Chronicles (Something Something Reggie Mother 3)
- Fallout Shelter
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Freedom Planet 2
- Great Detective Pikachu 2
- Guardians of the Galaxy: A Telltale Adventure
- Gunslinger Statos SWITCH
- Hand of Fate 2
- Head Lander: Headless Edition
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
- Hitman Season 2
- How to Survive 2
- Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age
- Hyper Light Drifter Duo
- Kizuna Monster
- Let It Die
- Little Nightmares
- Loot Rascals
- Mages of Mysteria
- Manifold Garden
- Minecraft: Switch Edition
- Monopoly & Friends
- Monster Boy
- Nine Parchments
- Ninja Gaiden Ryukenden
- Outlast 2
- Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare: Black Pots
- Pit People
- Power Rangers: The Game
- Prison Architect
- Puzzle & Dragons Battle Tournament
- The Silver Case
- Rise & Shine
- RISE: Race the Future
- Rocket League
- Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash
- The Sexy Brutale
- Shadowngun Legends
- Shadow Warrior 2
- Shantae: Half a Genie Hero
- Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
- Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
- Sonic Mania
- Space Hulk Deathwing
- Stardust Valley
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- SteamWorld Drive
- Super Mario Maker Deluxe
- Tetris Switch
- Untitled FDG Entertainment Game
- Untitled KnapNok Game
- Untitled Nintendo MOBA Game
- Untitled Shin’en Game
- Uno! Switch
- The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
- The Walking Dead: Road to Survival
- ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove
- World of the West
This ends the long rumor details that he leaked through Reddit and if what he has said is true; then there is many interesting things to note in this rumor such as Dissidia Versus: Final Fantasy which hasn’t had a port announced yet, SoulCalibur VI, Ninja Gaiden & MegaMan not having even been announced as of yet, Kingdom Hearts III getting a Holiday 2017 release and of course, Batman: Arkham Apocalypse which could be the official name of the long rumored Damian Wayne title. Another interesting thing to take into account is the mention of Virtual Console titles from Gamecube & Dreamcast which in all previous rumors and reports of the Switch have never been brought up.
As previously mentioned, all of the things listed above should be considered rumor until confirmed true by either Nintendo or any of the companies listed above but at least we won’t have much longer to wait until we find out some more information.
The Nintendo Switch will be released in March and will have a presentation next week which you can find the dates and times for by clicking the link below.
So what do you think? Would you like to see Dreamcast & Gamecube titles on Virtual Console? What are your thoughts on the rumors listed above? Will you be picking up a Nintendo Switch? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below and be sure to stay tuned to Ultra Gaming News Network for all your gaming news and reviews aswell as more news on the Nintendo Switch as it is revealed and be sure to follow us on our social media outlets (Facebook & Twitter) and subscribe to our YouTube channel where we will be uploading more content over the year. In the meantime; Check out the Nintendo Switch Reveal trailer below.
Article by Matthew McNamee