After years and years of begging from the fans; Shenmue III is finally becoming reality.
At Sony’s E3 2015 Press Conference on Monday; It was announced that a Kickstarter would be going live to allow the fans to finally make this long awaited game a reality by raising $2 million. As could be expected; the game raised the $2 million in less than 24 hours and as I type the game has so far raised over $3 million.
The $2 million was required to make the game a possibility however it was said that should the game surpass that on the kickstarter; extra bonuses would be added which are listed below:
- Shenmue 1 & 2 Cinematic Shorts – Reached
- German Subtitles – Reached
- French Subtitles – Reached
- Spanish Subtitles – Reached
- Italian Subtitles – Reached
- Rapport System – $3,20M
- Skill Tree System – $3,50M
- Baisha Village Expanded Mini-Game X 5 – $4,00M
- Baisha Village Expanded Infiltration Mission – $4,20M
- Baisha Village Expanded Additional Quest – $4,40M
- Baisha Village Expanded Battle Event – $4,60M
- Baisha Village Expanded Character Perspective System – $5,00M
- Huge & Completely Open World to Explore – $10,00M
Shenmue III is officially in development now and is set for release sometime in 2017 for PS4 & PC. Check out the announcement below.
So what do you think? Are you happy to see Shenmue III finally announced? Would you like to see Shenmue I & II get a remake? Have you funded towards the game? Be sure to let us know in the comments section below and be sure to stay tuned to UGNN for all your gaming news and reviews and be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Also don’t forget that we will be covering all the big news at E3 so be sure to stay tuned for that in the days to come. In the meantime, if you wish to help towards crowdfunding Shenmue III be sure to click the link below.