Warner Bros. Interactive have recently released the first ever screenshots from Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor; The Next gen Lord of the Rings game. In the game; The Black Gates are infiltrated by Sauron’s army, murdering all in their path. Talion revives from the grave having lost all he holds dear, denied the peace of death… why did he survive? well that’s for you to find out.
Below are screenshots and concept art that showcase:
• Players take the form of Talion, a ranger who loses his family and everything he holds dear, only to be returned from death by a mysterious Spirit of vengeance.
• Discover a powerful and dynamic next-gen gameplay mechanic that allows players’ actions to shape enemy relationships and characteristics, creating personal and unique stories and gameplay arcs that remain persistent even after death.
• Players command Wraith Powers to orchestrate and execute their vengeance to outwit enemies, infiltrate the ranks, and dominate within an adaptive world.
• A multitude of enemies will require different tactics, encouraging the player to advance their skills, abilities and weapons to become legendary through a system of rune rewards crafted according to the player’s strategy.
So what do you think? Are you looking forward to revisiting Middle Earth in video game form? Do you want Sauron & Gollum to make appearances? Do you think we will see a release date at E3 2014? Be sure to let me know in the comments section below and be sure to stay tuned to UGNN for more news on Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor when it becomes available.
Article by Matthew McNamee
- Warner Bros. Announce Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor (ugnnultragamingnewsnetwork.com)